Weight Loss Shots
Also known as Lioplean or Lipotrophic Shots
The Lipolean formula starts with a special fat burning combination. Each of these ingredients helps the body turn fat into energy and they are also powerful antioxidants which calm inflammation.
What are Lipolean shots?
The lipolean formula starts with a special fat burning combination of methionine, inositol, choline, carnitine and vitamin B12 (in the form of hydroxocobalamin). Each of these ingredients helps the body turn fat into energy and they are also powerful antioxidants which calm inflammation. In addition to the fat burning nutrients, the lipolean formula also contains a mixture of B vitamins which further help to facilitate fat burning and increase energy. The formula is comprehensive as the ingredients also help to reduce appetite, build muscle and promote a healthy immune system.
The many benefits of the Lipo Shots include:
- Improves Energy
- Enhanced FAT BURNING
- Lowers Sugar Cravings
- Supports Thyroid Health
- Enhanced Detoxification
- Enhanced Heart Health
- Reduces Anxiety and Depression
- Increase Metabolism
What are the Ingredients?
- Vitamins B12, B1, B2, B6
How often should I get a shot?
One shot two to three times per week for 8-12 weeks. You will not feel the full effect of lipo shots until you have been getting them for 4-8 weeks.
Are there any side effects?
Side effects are rare and usually are limited to redness and itching at the site of injection.
The vitamins, minerals and other nutrients that we consume in our diet are absorbed into our bloodstream and used for all sorts of biochemical and cellular purposes in our bodies. There are a variety of nutrients that are used to power our fat burning pathways in our bodies and these nutrients are often referred to as lipotropic compounds.
If you breakdown the medical term lipotropic you have the word lipo which means fat, and the word tropic which means to have an affinity for something. So “Lipotropic” essentially means “Fat-loving”. These nutrients, in a biochemical and cellular sense, love fat. They are involved in moving fat into and out of our cells and also in the process of breaking down fat into its component parts. This is obviously vital to weight loss!
If we want to lose weight in a healthy way, we want to lose the fat from our body, not the muscle or water. We want to maintain our hydration and our muscle mass and just target the fat stores so that when we get our body composition measured we see our body fat percentage decreasing while our hydration and muscle mass remain the same (or increase!).
The problem is that there are many reasons why our body may be deficient in these vital fat burning nutrients, including:
- A Diet High in Processed Foods: Highly processed foods are low in vitamins as the vitamins and minerals are lost in the processing of the foods. In the place of the dense nutrients are chemicals, preservatives, and fillers, which just contribute to more weight gain and health problems. At BrightBody, we believe that the foundation for health and weight loss is a good quality, sensible diet based on fresh vegetables, anti-inflammatory foods, healthy fats and lean protein, with as much organic as possible.
- A High Stress Lifestyle: Many of us in the US, and especially in the Bay Area, are under tremendous daily stress. Without the proper time for exercise, fresh air, and 8 hours of deep sleep each night, we are often operating at somewhat of a deficit. As a consequence of this increased stress on our bodies, we release a hormone called Cortisol and this release causes us to need even more vitamins and minerals. When we are under stress our body actually needs more vitamins to make our machinery function more efficiently.
- Excessive Alcohol Consumption: Metabolizing alcohol leads to a deficiency of almost all B vitamins, which leads to a vicious cycle of craving more alcohol to treat the symptoms caused by these nutrient deficiencies which include anxiety, insomnia, brain fog, and depression.
- Poor Digestive Absorption: This goes along with symptoms such as constipation, diarrhea, bloating, and heartburn. If you have any of these symptoms it’s a good bet that you are not absorbing the nutrients in your food efficiently.
- Poor Food Supply: Compared to historical records of the vitamin and nutrient content of food in the 1800’s, we have had a statistically significant drop in the amount of vitamins and minerals in our food supply.
- Poor Vitamin options on the shelves: Many multivitamins that you’ll find at the grocery or drug store are composed of the cheapest forms of vitamins and minerals and they are not easily absorbed or utilized by your body. So the nutrient levels on the label may look good but what actually gets used by your body is minimal.
It’s no wonder we aren’t able to burn fat efficiently! Many people are experiencing not just one of these scenarios that lead to vitamin deficiency but many of them. And in some cases all of them.
So, being the smart, sciency people that we are, many companies have developed formulas to provide the lipotropic nutrients that target the fat burning pathways and help to address these incredibly common nutrient deficiencies that we experience. There are a variety of slightly different formulas with names like “Lipo Shot”, “Lipotropic Injection”, “Lipolean”, “Weight Loss Shot”, “Skinny Shot”, and “MIC” (which stands for methionine, inositol and choline, 3 important fat burning nutrients).
The formula that we carry at BrightBody is called Lipolean and contains the following ingredients:
- Methionine: Methionine is an essential amino acid, meaning that we must get it in our diet from protein sources (all amino acids are broken down from proteins). Methionine is a major lipotropic compound in humans. Methionine also helps to deactivate estrogens that would otherwise negatively impact the liver, causing blockage of fat metabolism and liver cirrhosis.
- Inositol: Inositol helps transport fats in the bloodstream that have been mobilized from fat stores in the body during weight loss. It also aids in the redistribution of body fat, helps lower cholesterol levels in the blood and participates in the action of serotonin (a neurotransmitter, shown to relieve depression, appetite and mood panic attacks). In this way, inositol often lowers sugar cravings and can therefore act as a mild appetite suppressant.
- Choline: Choline is an essential nutrient for healthy support of the endocrine, cardiovascular, and liver systems. It works in combination with Inositol for essential fat metabolism. Normal choline production may not be adequate to meet daily metabolic needs, especially during weight loss when there is more body fat to be broken down, therefore supplementation can be helpful.
- Vitamin B12 (hydroxocobalamin): See more on our Vitamin B12 injection tab
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine): Thiamine is important for converting glucose or sugar into energy.
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin): Riboflavin is also primarily involved in energy production.
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine): Pyridoxine is critical for producing adequate neurotransmitters such as Serotonin as well as for hormone production and energy production.
- Carnitine: Carnitine is an important amino acid that makes fatty acids available to be converted into energy in the mitochondria of each of our cells. It helps convert stored fat into energy that can be used by our brain and heart. It also helps keep our blood sugar stable so that we have less cravings for snacks.
- Lidocaine 1%: Lidocaine is a local anesthetic added to make these shots virtually painless.
When we are no longer deficient in these nutrients we experience the following benefits:
Enhanced Fat Burning
This is critical because many weight loss programs actually encourage muscle loss due to very low calorie diets that are deficient in adequate vitamins, nutrients, and protein in the diet. At BrightBody, we have diet, vitamin injection, and exercise modules to encourage fat burning and muscle retention.
The fat that is burned is used to power the rest of your body including your muscles, organs and brain.
This is critical because most of the major toxins that we are exposed to in our food, air and water are fat-soluble which means that as we gain weight these toxins are stored in our fat cells. On the other hand, as fat is burned and “lost”, these chemicals are released into our bloodstream where they can then negatively impact our brain, kidney, liver, and other organs. So supporting our detoxification pathways while we lose weight is absolutely critical!
Enhanced Cognition and Clarity
Many patients find that the benefit of increased mental clarity helps them tremendously with weight loss because as we think more clearly, we make better food choices and as we make better food choices we feel better and think more clearly. This is an example of a positive feedback loop.
Enhanced Heart Health
via B12 and Carnitine: Carnitine is a nutrient that is critical for fueling the furnaces within each of our cells, called the mitochondria. Carnitine acts most powerfully on the cells in our brain and our hearts and actually makes these cells work more efficiently.
When combined with a sensible diet and exercise, the benefits of Lipolean can be fast and dramatic and without the side effects that can come with other weight loss products. The Lipolean shots that we use at BrightBody are high quality, effective for many people, have minimal side effects, and often lead to positive change in many patient’s lives.
If you have any questions about this formula please feel free to give us a call or stop in to chat with us in person. We look forward to meeting you!
Vitamin B12 Injections | B12 Shots
Vitamin B12 injections are one of the easiest, safest, and healthiest ways to increase your energy, improve your metabolism, and feel your best.
What are B12 shots?
Vitamin B12 is a water soluble vitamin that contains the mineral cobalt and is therefore also known as COBALAMIN (the Cobalt Vitamin).
It is required for proper functioning of the nervous system, production of red blood cells and synthesis of DNA. In addition to its role in these vital systems it is involved in 100’s of biochemical reactions in the body that control fat and carbohydrate metabolism, protein synthesis, the breakdown of homocysteine and many others. Because of its wide reaching effects in the body Vitamin B12 deficiency has been linked to increased risk of cardiovascular disease, dementia, cancer, depression and osteoporosis.
Common symptoms of Vitamin B12 deficiency include:
- Numbness in the arms and legs
- Tingling in the arms and legs
- Anemia and Pernicious Anemia
- Neuro-Cognitive Decline
There are many common medications, medical procedures and medical conditions that may lead to Vitamin B12 deficiency including:
- Prilosec, Prevacid and other proton-pump inhibitors that are used to treat heartburn and ulcers
- Pepcid, Zantac and other H2 receptor antagonists that are used to treat ulcers
- Metformin that is used to treat diabetes
- Gastrointestinal surgery such as weight loss surgery or surgery to remove all or part of the stomach
- Gastrointestinal disorders including Crohn’s and celiac disease
- Pernicious anemia
- Atrophic gastritis
- Vegetarian or vegan diet
Recent research has also shown that there is an inverse association between Vitamin B12 status and obesity which means that the higher your weight, the more likely you are to be deficient in Vitamin B12 (reference).
There are a number of ways to increase Vitamin B12 levels in your body including:
- Consuming more Vitamin B12 containing foods (list at end)
- Taking oral supplements
- Getting injections (intramuscular or intravenous)
Several steps in the digestive process make absorption of B12 from food sources and oral supplements more difficult and less efficient. Vitamin B12 injections are a very reliable way to increase B12 levels in your body because they eliminate the need for digestion and absorption of the vitamin, instead it is delivered directly to your bloodstream.
There are multiple forms of Vitamin B12 that are available for injection:
At BrightBody we have hydroxocobalamin available for injection. Methylcobalamin is an activated form of Vitamin B12 that your body can use immediately to boost energy, metabolism, fat burning and mental clarity. Hydroxocobalamin is a longer acting form of Vitamin B12 that will support your energy, metabolism, fat burning and mental clarity over the long haul. This long-acting form of Vitamin B12 can be a great addition to your healthy lifestyle!
Vitamin B12 containing foods:
- Dairy products
Visit the Linus Pauling Institute Micronutrient Information Center for a detailed list of Vitamin B12 containing foods.
B12 Injection Side Effects:
- Minor pain and swelling at injection site
- Red, itchy skin at the injection site
- Numbness or Tingling
- Serious Side Effects are RARE
- If you are using excessive amounts of high B12 you could experience increased nervousness or anxiety. If this happens, lowering the dose will usually resolve this.
Vitamin D3 Shots
Vitamin D3 is a critical vitamin that is needed for processes in the body, including anti-inflammation, bone health, fighting infections like colds, flus, and viruses, proper absorption, and more.
What are D3 Shots?
- Vitamin D3 is a critical vitamin that is needed for the following functions in the body:
- Bone Health, i.e preventing osteopenia and osteoporosis
- Fighting Infections like Colds, Flus, and Viruses
- Proper Absorption of Calcium
- Increasing your Metabolism
- Natural Antidepressant
Some of the Many Benefits of Vitamin D3:
- Accelerate weight loss by up to 4X More with this one vitamin vs a low calorie diet alone.
- Vitamin D Slashes your cancer risks including breast and colon cancer
- Improves mood and energy
- Critical to bone health to prevent osteoporosis
- Critical for Immune Health, preventing colds and flus, etc.
How Common Is Vitamin D Deficiency?
A 2000 study reported in the Archives of Internal Medicine reports that 77 percent of Americans are vitamin-D deficient. Numerous studies have shown D’s crucial role in strengthening bones, fighting depression, and boosting immunity, but now, after decades of research and thousands of studies, experts may have finally proven that missing out on that one little letter could be a major factor in pushing the number on your scale higher and higher.
Compelling Research on Vitamin D3 Supplementation and Weight Loss:
Patients who took greater than 100,000 IU of D3 per month lost >4 times as much weight as those who did not take vitamin D3.